One last finish for 2013

My final finish for 2013 is High Five for Jaden.

High Five for Jaden

This is a very special quilt that I made for a friend's/co-worker's son who had a terrible accident. Her son, Jaden, had a bookcase fall on him and he was in a coma for a little while. Then when he woke up they were not sure if he would ever be the same.  Thank goodness he is recovering so well and is very much back to being a normal 5 year old little boy. Much more than they had ever expected.

High Five for Jaden

It just happened that this accident happened right before my month for the Sunday Morning Quilt bee. I used the opportunity to request high five blocks from the Sunday Morning Quilts book in boy colors. One of the ladies suggested fussy cutting boy type things for the centers.

I have to say this quilt turned out to one of the most unique quilts I have ever put together. All the dinosaurs, trains, superman, cats, fish, rockets, and you name it made this quilt amazing. The ladies all did such a great job and I couldn't have put this quilt together with out their help and there is no way it would have been so varied and scrappy if I had just used my own stash.

High Five for Jaden

However, the best feeling was giving the quilt to Amber. I have known/worked with Amber since my first year teaching (her second year). We both started same school site and years later ended up at a different site together again. She is a great person and I am so glad that I could give this special gift to her and her family. I know Jaden will enjoy this quilt and I am glad I was able to get it to him before Christmas.


Quilt Stats:
Name: High Five for Jaden
Size: 56" x 90"
Fabrics:  Scraps from Sunday Morning Quilt bee members
Binding: Not sure it was in my stash 
PatternHigh Five blocks from the Sunday Morning Quilts
Quilting: Free Motion Quilting - Stippling 
Completed: December 2013
post signature

Linking up!

Comments

  1. That is a neat quilt for a I am sure adventurous boy. I have joked to my kids many times if they try to climb the shelf it might fall on their head. I hope that it will not stop him from having fun in life. Wonderful job.

    Richard and Tanya Quilts
    Richard and Tanya Quilts Patterns on Craftsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt, I'm sure it will always be treasured. A lovely thoughtful gift for a special boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous and a lovely present. Here is to a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how lovely! And so fun that it's not an 'i-spy' of sorts! :) Hope Jaden is back to himself quickly, I'm sure that was terrifying for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, this is awesome! I love the collaboration of the quilters to create this wonderful quilt!
    Happy new year!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in complete awe, this is just beautiful and so unique. I'm sure the whole family will love it and appreciate the work and love that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous - so scrappy, fun and just plain wonderful to look at. I hope Jaden's recovery continues to go well wrapped up in this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great quilt - filled with love and scrappiness! You are a wonderful friend. Praying Jaden will continue to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you in bad need of love spell to bring back your ex lover or reunite your marriage? contact Dr Sam for fast 48 hours solution. I had a problem with my husband a year and six months ago, which lead us apart. When he broke up with me, I was confuse and did not know what to do to get him back, I felt so empty inside. Until i came across Dr Sam on the internet on how He has helped so many people solve there various problem. I emailed Him and I told Him my problem and i did what he asked me to do for him to help me, to briefly make the long story short, Before I knew it, in less than 48 HOURS, my Husband gave me a call and he came back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going on between the both of us. Finally I am writing this testimony to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you Dr Sam for keeping to your words and your promises in bringing him back to me in just 48 hours of your powerful spell casting, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back. If you need his help, you can email him at ( okokakspellhome@gmail.com ) or add Dr Sam on WhatsApp ( +2349060421250) or call him get all your problems solve No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now THANKS TO Dr Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn