Good Bye 2013

Another year is coming to an end, which of course means time for reflection.

Good-bye 2013

This year has been my least creative since I have started this blog. Mostly because I ended up taking a few months off from creating.

Going back into the classroom took more out of me then I would have thought it could have. It used up much of my creative energy (well most of my energy in general) It is so strange what one year off can do. It was like I was out of the flow of teaching. However, I am feeling much more confident again. So much so that I decided to take on a student teacher starting in the new year.

Getting my workout with the teacher's version of a stair master. And yes my ABC line was two sections to short of fitting, so I am redoing that!

That was one factor in the break, the other is that I started an administrative program. I am loving the program, but it does take up every other Saturday. Which was often my catch up on projects times. Saturday mornings were a great time for quilting/sewing for me because my husband plays hockey the night before and always sleeps in. The admin program being on Saturday also means I can not attend the Sacramento Modern Quilt guild meetings. I guess I didn't realize how much they inspired me to finish my projects.

So without further ado here is what I have accomplished this year.

First up Quilting:
Quilting 2013

And a little bit (very very little bit) of sewing too:

Sewing 2013

When I look at my UFOs for last year you can see I barely made a dent.

Projects 2013-finished noted

And my un-started projects... lets not even go there.

However, I did have some awesome things happen this year. We went to Hawaii to watch my sister-in-law get married and made a vacation out of it. I figured out that I wanted to go in to school administration and got into an amazing program. My dad had a quadruple bypass and is recovering well. I went to Texas to visit my nephew, brother and sis-in-law. Learned some new makeup and hair techniques. My husband got he position/promotion that he wanted at his work. Spent lots of time with family. Realized I was allergic to gluten and by not eating all my health problems magically faded away. Best of all my husband and I celebrated our 5 year of marriage/ 12 year together anniversary.

Even with all the ups and downs, 2013 has turned out to be a rather good year. I am looking forward to 2014 being even better.

post signature

Comments