Post Vacation Blues and Pictures to share too!


Hells to the yes

Ok maybe not so much on the blues part... but this pile of laundry did not help me transition back to reality well. I spent a whole day doing laundry only to realize that I will still have more to do tomorrow.

Oh my laundry!! The not so fun part of travelling and I have already started two loads.

Since I am still thinking about our vacation and have been going through pictures today, I thought I would share a few pictures of our trip to Hawaii. Well at least the Maui portion of the trip, as I still haven't waded my way through the Kauai pictures yet.

Our first day, on the island, we went to see the sunrise from the top of Haleakala Cater in Haleakala National Park at the summit.

haleakala national park summit @ sunrise


The terrain looks almost alien.

haleakala national park summit @ sunrise

Especially as the sun is just rising and you can hardly see the green as the colors just start to pop in to sight.
haleakala national park summit @ sunrise

Then we did a 4 mile round trip hike up to Waimoku Falls. It is also located in the Haleakala National Park. However, the hike is on the way other side of the island.

Haleakala National Park: Waimoku Falls Trail

On the way up to the waterfall there are some pretty interesting sites.

Haleakala National Park: Waimoku Falls Trail

Haleakala National Park: Waimoku Falls Trail

I really liked the bamboo forest. The sounds in there were just amazing.

Haleakala National Park: Waimoku Falls Trail

And this totally cool tree.

Haleakala National Park: Waimoku Falls Trail

Oh and I was super excited when it started raining halfway up. I was so hot by then. My hair tie broke in the first 1/2 mile of the hike. Plus it is not an easy hike up the hill either.

Haleakala National Park: Waimoku Falls Trail

I also went snorkeling for the first time... took my "water proof" camera with me.

Random adventures in Hawaii

How fun is that!

Random adventures in Hawaii

I wish we could have done more snorkeling during this trip. We had planned on it, but it just didn't happen.

Random adventures in Hawaii

However, the most important event during this trip for us was Paul and Nicole's wedding.

Paul and Nicole's wedding

Nicole made such a beautiful bride. You can just see the happiness in her eyes.

First dance Nicole and Paul

Plus, it was a beautiful venue.

nicole and Paul's Wedding sunset

Randall and I enjoyed watching his sister get married. We had a great time at the wedding and we are so happy for them.

Randall and I at Paul and Nicole's Wedding

Also everyone signed the quilt blocks that I made for their wedding quilt. I can't wait to get those together and make them a wonderful quilt full of lots of memories and a whole bunch of kind words from people who love them very much.

Nicole and Paul's Wedding quilt/guest book table

See I did sneak quilting into this post :)

These are just few of the many pictures. I have many more pictures on flickr of the hike and our other random adventures if you are really interested in seeing them.

post signature

Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures, love the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I know what you mean about the bamboo sounds. I went for a hike through a bamboo forest and the sound of it knocking around was kind of spooky! Love your green dress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn