goodbye 2012, hello 2013

It is time to take a look at what I accomplished sewing/quilting wise last year. I have to say last year in my mind doesn't seem like a very productive year for me. I did make one more quilt than I did the year before, but I still feel like I should have been able to accomplish more. However, since the year is over it is time to stop dwelling on what could of been and be grateful for what was accomplished.

I am grateful that I made 7 quilts.

year in review 2012-001 Quilts

Many were small quilts, but I also made my largest quilt. It happens to be the one that makes me the happiest and brings the most joy to someone. Gramps loves his quilt and everything that I have made to go with it. Oh yeah and I finished an 12 year old UFO and gave it too darling Sophia who just loves it.

I also completed a few sewing projects, including my first dress (kinda).

year in review 2012-002 Sewing

I really like the mouse pincushion the best. He is just such a cutie!

The only bee I participated in 2012 was the 4 x 5 modern bee.
year in review 2012-003 bee blocks

This is almost all the blocks. I seem to have forgotten to take some pictures, or at least I can't find them.

There we go, that was basically my year. Well except I created four tutorials, participated in two blog hops, and posted two recipes. Oh and probably most importantly, I lost 30 pounds. Huge accomplishment. Still not where I want to be, but getting there slowly and surely.

Ok maybe I was busy than I felt like I was. I really felt like I spent most of my year being sick. Which leads me right into my goals so far for 2013.

My Goals for 2013:

1. BE HEALTHY - no more getting sick (enough is enough), exercise, and  keep on weight watchers (which has been helping me slowly lose weight).

2. Participate in at least 2 bees. I have joined Make it Modern Quilting bee and Sunday Morning Quilt Bee on flickr. I may participate in the 4 x 5 modern bee again, but I am not sure.

3. Get off of auto mode on my camera. I already signed up for a class in January, so hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later.

4. Join/Participate in a swap.

5. Finish some UFOs.

6. Start some projects that I have everything for, which will help me with spending less (hopefully).

7. Sew more. I often "quilt" but I found I really like "sewing" too. So I want to sew some bags, home items, clothing... who knows just quick projects I can actually finish.

Signature small

Linking up to:


Lily's Quilts


Craft Buds

Comments

  1. love all you have done and the goals you have set! I never saw your Carnival quilt, it's cool! I need to join weight watchers too. I've been too lazy. Good luck with all your goals and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful quilts and projects!! and stay well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very productive year. I like the little mouse pincushion too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn