Here are the good things. The dress is very easy to make. The directions were very clear, except how to do the collar. However, that is I am sure my inexperience in garment making. I am guessing that the sizing was spot on, I used my measurements from about a month ago, but the dress was loose again I think that is me. Seeing as my pants that would be in that size range are also pretty lose now.
So at this point I am calling this a win. I "made" a dress, I didn't do all the finishing since it was a muslin and I wanted to be able to pull if needed. However, had I finished it the skirt would have been shorter than I intended. Another win is the fact I didn't waste my cute fabric to be unhappy with the finish. So on the last night of the year, I pulled though with meeting one of my goals of "making" clothing.
One thing I learned is putting in a zipper is hard, and of course I had to go for an invisible zipper which the pattern did not call for. Had this been a "real" dress I would have had to redo the zipper for the 5 time. Yes 5 times with the evil zipper.