Thanksgiving planning

Do you realize that Thanksgiving is just a week away...
Turkey!
picture via

This will be the first thanksgiving that we are hosting. My parents, my in-laws, my sister-in-laws boyfriends parents. All together we will have 16 people. Yes you read that right. 16 people!

image via

Now, I have cooked for over 60 people before, but for some reason 16 people is making me nervous. I think it is because Thanksgiving and I don't usually get along. I have had a long run of very poor to mediocre Thanksgivings. Never anything too bad, just not wonderful.


Partly, it is because I don't like big gatherings. Believe it or not I am actually a shy person. I don't like being the center of attention. I also get really anxious when I am big groups for a long time. It should be better this year, because I will hosting.

image via

I know that may seem strange, but the host part is better for me. I am able to concentrate on making everything perfect and I don't have to be the center of attention because everyone leaves you alone to cook. :)

Speaking of cooking. What is on your menu this year?

image via

This is ours:


  • turkey
  • sweet potato casserole 
  • mashed potato
  • stuffing
  • green bean casserole
  • creamed corn
  • cranberry relish
  • can o cranberry
  • deviled eggs
  • vegetable platter
  • pies
  • bread
  • drinks
Am I missing anything that would make this an epic Thanksgiving. I can tell u mine wouldn't be decorated like the above pictures, but I can dream. 


post signature

Comments

  1. Good luck! I'm still not brave enough to tackle Thanksgiving dinner on my own. It looks like you've got it all covered!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn