A simple table runner

I just finished this simple table runner.

Simple little table runner

The pattern I used was called Simple Little Table Runner. I found it over a Moda Bake Shop. One of my all time favorite places to find patterns. I have also made an other table runner and a little pouch from Moda Bake Shop patterns. And the best part is they are few tutorials.

Simple little table runner

Oh yeah and this particular pattern is by Camile Roskelley. I am starting to think I may have a slight problem, this is the third pattern I made of hers. Ok maybe not a problem, but I really enjoy the clean and simple lines of her patterns. You can read her blog over at Simplify and she is designer for Moda (just encase you didn't know). I still have her swoon pattern on my list as a must do and another quilt to do from her book. When I say on the to do list, it does mean I have all the fabric for it. 

Now, back to the quilt. The pattern said that this was a simple little table runner. I am not to sure about that, either that or I just have a small table. The size after all is 23" x 40". Most these pictures were taking on my huge kitchen island.

Simple little table runner

I quilted using a meandering / stippling  pattern. I  also did machine binding using this tutorial from Cassie over at You Go Girl!. I am never happy with machine binding results but yet I keep trying. This tutorial probably made me the closest to happy when machine binding a quilt.

Simple little table runner


Quilt Stats:
Name: simple table runner
Size: 23" x 40" 
Pattern: simple little table runner from moda bake shop by Camille Roskelley
Quilting: Free Motion Quilted with  meandering / stippling  pattern
Completed:November 2011


I will be teaching a beginning quilting class over at sew katie jean in Lincoln, CA. I will be using this pattern, and of course having my students get the pattern from the moda bake shop and giving create where it is due. The class is really about basic quilt making skills, not the final product, but I thought this is such a simple project that it would be perfect for those who haven't quilted before.

Linking up to:
Fresh Poppy Design 
Show and Tell Green 
post signature

Comments

  1. Simple and affective :)

    Love for you to link up at:
    "Made by ME" Linky Party at JAQS at http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/11/made-by-me-5-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn