Work in Progress #25

Oh my gosh. I can't believe I haven't posted in a week. That so isn't like me. However, I have been so busy. Family has been up and I have really started back to work with professional development. Shh. Don't tell anyone, but I am training right now. I am learning about using clicker with the smart board. I already kinda know how as I used them last year and taught myself, but this time I am actually taking the class :).


Completed Projects: 

This weekend my husband asked me to make a laptop bag for my mother-in-law, so I went searching the internet for tutorials and pinning on Follow Me on Pinterest and then started creating my own because I wanted a place for the cord and none of the laptop sleeves seemed to have them. I will create another post with more info about this later. If you haven't started Pinterest you really should, but I warn you it is addicting.

This was my first try.


But I wasn't perfectly happy. So I designed one with the pocket on the outside. I like this one much better. 


Now I just need to go back and fix the first one to have a pocket on the outside. 


Nearly Completed Projects:

Blue and Orange Commissioned Quilt - Been free motion quilting. Boy if you don't practice often you really do lose your timing on it. I am only about 1/3 of the way done.





Posh Quilt - Quilted, just need to make and attach binding. Last week I went to my LQS and rented the long arm there. To see more pictures check out my Friday Fun post

posh quilt nearly done


New Projects:

Nada! 


Ongoing Projects:

July bee projects. I guess I need to get those done too since there is only 3 days left of July. I guess I will be working on this tomorrow night as tonight I have my mother in laws b-day party. 

4 x 5 modern bee - fabric picked out, block design done. 

Embroidery 101 Quilt Along -  All 9 blocks are done.  Two blocks even have the embroidery done and I am falling behind on the others. 
Embroidery 101 work so far



Kaleidoscopic quilt along - My kites are sewn but I didn't grab a picture of that this morning before I left for my training. 

Kaleidoscope Quilt Along Progress


Completed tops awaiting quilting:

Loves Road- forgot the thread so I didn't get to do it on the long arm. 


I didn't do anything with these:

Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild's Kona Challenge - I have decided to add one more row, just haven't got to it yet. 

Kona Challenge Quilts Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild

Central Park Kit - Nada, haven't even looked at the box.

Kit for Central Park Quilt

Prairie Claw Quilt blocks - Oops been forgetting out this one. Found it again when I was cleaning up. 

praire claw-5.jpg


UFOs -

Scrappy Bear

Halloween Quilt

Christmas Hexagon table runner and pillows.

This week's stats:
New projects: 2
Completed projects : 2
Currently in progress - 14 

Linking up to:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

post signature


Comments

  1. Love your laptop bags! I've done a few of these and really enjoy changing up other people's designs for them (no one ever seems to have exactly what I want on them). Can't wait to see a full picture of that blue and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your second laptop bag is so cool! Love the fabric and the design. One of these days I'm going to take the Pinterest plunge...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn