Friday Night Sew In Accomplishments #2

Sorry I didn't post yesterday about this. I wasn't feeling well  after  I got home from the Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild Meeting and visiting family. Plus, it wasn't very light outside which was the reason I waited to take the pictures in the first place. However, I did participate in the Friday Night Sew In and I actually accomplished a couple things.



Handmade by Heidi


Here is what I like about the Friday Night Sew In. One, it is the day before my quilt guild meeting, which means I get to finish up something before the actually meeting. Two, it is fun to know that others are sitting at their sewing machines trying to accomplish something too. Three, it allows me to see peoples work I may not have seen before.

OK on to my accomplishments.

I worked on my Kona Challenge.

I tried this:

Kona challenge tries

And this:

kona challenge tries

And this:

kona challenge tries

Finally, I went with this:

Kona Challenge Quilts Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild

I kinda finished it, but not quite. I am either going to add another row or take it apart and go with the stars in the middle. After seeing pictures I am not to happy with it. Then I will add the back, which will be paw prints.

Why? Well, because I am going to give this to my Suzie girl as her place. It is one of my dogs commands. We tell them to go to place and they lay there until they are told they can move (free dog). Great way to keep them under wraps and controlled, especially in high stress situations for them.

I also finished my June bee blocks for A Twist on Tradition. These will go in the mail on Monday.

DSC_2200.jpg

That was it. I had planned on cutting fabric too, but the light wasn't very good and I wasn't feeling the best. I am pretty sure my dog shared her stomach flu with me. Thanks Suzie!

But she is back to her normal self, playing ball and everything. Thanks for everyone's concern and good wishes for her. It made me feel better if nothing else :)

suzie is feeling better

On a side note, some German Shepherds are vicious water attacking dogs.
Water attack by Gus the German Shepherd
Focus
water attack by German Shepherd-2.jpg
I am going to get that water
water attack by German Shepherd-3.jpg
Focus
water attack by German Shepherd-4.jpg
beginning of the attack
water attack by German Shepherd-5.jpg
I am going to get it
water attack by German Shepherd-6.jpg
missed, must get the water
water attack by German Shepherd-7.jpg
ahh!
water attack by German Shepherd-8.jpg
Look at those blood thirsty eyes
Ok maybe not so vicious, but adorable when they want to play again!
water attack by German Shepherd-9.jpg
Ruff! Again Mom and Dad! Again!
I will be checking out the link for other sew ins can't wait to see what you all accomplished. Have a fun weekend!

Comments

  1. First of all, nice quilt, love the colors! Second, you made me laugh out loud with the pictures of your dog! That is so precious and funny!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of your dogs! Glad to see Suzie is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those star blocks for the Kona Challenge = the different colors in the star blocks are catching. Water Attack Dogs! I remember doing that with my dog as a child..what fun dogs have with water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't ever water anything around my dog. She starts pacing when I go around the side of the house the hose is on. Love the Kona Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in bad need of love spell to bring back your ex lover or reunite your marriage? contact Dr Sam for fast 48 hours solution. I had a problem with my husband a year and six months ago, which lead us apart. When he broke up with me, I was confuse and did not know what to do to get him back, I felt so empty inside. Until i came across Dr Sam on the internet on how He has helped so many people solve there various problem. I emailed Him and I told Him my problem and i did what he asked me to do for him to help me, to briefly make the long story short, Before I knew it, in less than 48 HOURS, my Husband gave me a call and he came back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going on between the both of us. Finally I am writing this testimony to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you Dr Sam for keeping to your words and your promises in bringing him back to me in just 48 hours of your powerful spell casting, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back. If you need his help, you can email him at ( okokakspellhome@gmail.com ) or add Dr Sam on WhatsApp ( +2349060421250) or call him get all your problems solve No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now THANKS TO Dr Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn