Wednesday - Now

Have you been wondering where I have been? Well, it has been kind of crazy around here.

I left Wednesday afternoon and returned Saturday afternoon. I was at the CUE conference in Palm Springs, CA.

I know you all are thinking what the heck is CUE. Well it is a conference for computer using educators, and it was a blast. And no, I didn't spend the whole time by the pool.

Actually, I spent very little time there. Instead I was inside a conference center where I learned a lot. Some of it I can bring back and use right away. Other things, like using ipod touches in the classroom, well I/my district just doesn't have the funds for that. Now if someone would like to offer me a grant, then I will start tomorrow. I can really see how it could help the kids with so much. 

And sometimes I was just way overwhelmed by how much technology I was trying to use at one time and could see how it could drive kids bonkers.


Oh yeah, and see that shiny red thing above. I won that mini laptop while I was there from IVS computer technology (vendor).  Please ignore the bad hair and ugly green shirt, that got me the winning raffle ticket, that I am wearing over my other shirt.


On Friday, I did kind of participate in the Friday Night Sew In. I worked on some hexagons by the pool. I still have more to go. Not much but still more. 

Then Saturday evening I had a b-day dinner with my brother. He is my one older brothers and boy is he getting old :) We went to one of our favorite Turkish restaurants in town.

Next it was Sunday. Sunday was the Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild sew-day. Only me, my hubby (on the shiny laptop) and one other member showed up to sew. I did see a couple other members at the quilt shop where we meet, but they couldn't stay for sewing.

Last night I went shopping for cruise clothes, as I am going on a cruise for spring break. I think I have all my bottoms (capris, skirts and such)  figured out, now I just need some tops.

Here we are to tonight.  I have been catching up on reading blogs and I am going to bed early. It was been a whirlwind of a week. I am in some serious need of some rest.

Night all!

Comments