A Finished Quilt (at last)

I spent most of Saturday quilting, while my brother and my husband put together my brothers new computer. Which by the way can give you a really good laugh from another room. Even if you know what they are doing it is still quite humorous.

Sorry I get side tracked easily. Back to my quilting story. I sewed most of Saturday afternoon and into the evening. There was the most beautiful sunset to help give me inspiration.




Well, that and the fact that the baby shower was the next day. My little helper even helped me baste it.


In the morning, I drew out my quilting design.

Then, I quilted. And I quilted. And I quilted. Finally at about 11 am I had this all done. The peaceful green baby quilt.

The mommy to be loved it. These colors are very much what her and her hubby like. I over heard her one day talking about pale green being good for the baby for some reason. Her hubby is a graphic artist who studied color theory. See I listen, to most everything :).

See loved the back too! A pieced back was something new to me, but I love the way it turned out.

*Note to self - When using a pieced back you may want to find some way to make sure that it all stays in line.


Stats - The quilt is from the pattern pattern home coming from the book Simplify with Camille Roskelley. There is some fresh fig fabric in there and that bright coral is from moda also but I can't think of the name right now. All the greens are from a sweet treat fat quarter pack I got about 10 years ago at a quilt show.

Linking to:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap  up           party!Fresh Poppy Design

Comments

  1. Sooo sooo cute! I love the design and the backing is great too!! :) Thanks for linking up to Fabric Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn